Sunday 3 April 2011

The first...

Welcome reader,

I am a writer... like the rest of you. My goal is to write and write well. I want to play with you and discover things that are hidden underneath the folds of our communal mind. I am not here to challenge you in any way possible but to work with you in the mines of creativity (the minds mine?) I envision a day where we are both working dear reader, you and me and you turn to me and say "this mine is dark and scary." I'll look up at you on this day and smile in the dark, "yeah, isn't it great?" You'll nod and we'll both laugh and continue to work in our creative mine. At the end of the day we'll both emerge in the sunlight and go our separate ways both content in the knowledge we have just ripped from the cold mines.

What I purpose in this web log is a writing challenge. You dear reader will send me suggestions on what to write, and I will write it. The suggestions can be anything you want, a word, a sentence, a picture or video, a giant paragraph... any fucking thing you want. I will then write something based on your suggestion, I reserve the right to choose format and final content though. If you tell me to write a dialogue don't expect to get a dialogue. That being said something will defiantly be written however. I plan to update the web log every week with new stories. I'd appreciate comments on the stories be it critics, general responses, your own sequel to my story, whatever. Send you suggestions to writethatout@gmail.com and please leave a name you wish to be credited under.

Hopefully this experiment will force me to write on a regular basis and allow everyone involved to discover what they will in a playful fashion. I wrote this in a writers statement once. Read my work not like an old man white with age, but as a child white with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment